Thursday, September 6, 2012

Week 9 -- August 14th


This week, our share consisted of cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, kale, watermelon, beans, basil, heirloom tomato and strawberries.

The cucumbers and heirloom tomato were transformed into pickles and fresh salsa respectively, once again. The strawberries were gobbled up speedy-quick, as Junie B. Jones would say (Ah, I remember the days when the boys would devour those books... seems like so long ago now. But I digress.)

I used the basil to make pesto again, but with a different recipe. This one uses a little less olive oil, a little more walnuts, and a little less garlic (I omitted the optional butter), but it's pretty much the same. Somehow this one struck me better than the last one I used.

The watermelon was one of the items that all shareholders got this week. I was surprised when I cut it open and discovered seeds! It had been a long time since I last had a watermelon with seeds -- it's funny the things one forgets.

No comments:

Post a Comment